Monday, December 14, 2015

Felicity Separates

Here is the first Felicity I made.  I already blogged my second version here.  I love this outfit and wore it a lot all summer. 
 I used a red polka dot grey chambray from Gertie's line for Joann's.  I like it, but it does love to wrinkle.  I finished the edges and trimmed the skirt waistband with purchased red bias tape.  I don't recall which size I made, but I followed the sizing chart. 

  
The twirly circle skirt is really fun and surprisingly perfect for biking. 


 Surprise!  It's separates.  I made the bodice first as a wearable muslin after my first true muslin and an FBA.  Then it came out so well,  I decided to make up the matching skirt. 



I love that they are separates.  I like the skirt with a black or navy T-shirt.  The top is cute with the shorts from my last post.  The red and grey reversible bag from that pot is perfect with it, too. 
Here's a flat shot to show the polka dots. 
I love this pattern, and I expect to make it man more times.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Helena said...

That is so cute and clever to make it separates! I love the contrast, too!

Turbo said...

Thanks, Helena!!