Friday, November 11, 2011

Good Morning!

I had a beautiful walk around the lake this morning. Here's a shot of the sun rising over the Cascade mountains:

And the full moon was still lingering in the west, peeking at me from gaps in the clouds. The sunrise was really more spectacular at the beginning of my walk -- streams of glowing, pink clouds -- but I didn't think to take a picture then.

This guy inspired my camera:
Yep, I think blue herons are really neat. I like how big they are. I saw lots of other birds, too: coots, hooded and common mergansers, grebes, wigeons, and mallard ducks.

And knitting... of course! I like to walk and knit. This morning's project was a Hanna Cowl (my free pattern on Ravelry) in Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick to sell at Matty's holiday show on the 19th.
It's easy. Just cast on 26 stitches, knit the first and last stitch, and work brioche in between. Then sew three buttons on one end, and push them through the loose stitches wherever you like.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: