Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Chambray Felicity Skirt


I mentioned that I bought a whole bolt of chambray?  I don't want to ruin the suspense... but I've made a lot of things out of chambray lately, more to come.  These pieces are two of the most versatile and easy to wear. 

The top is the same pattern as my shift dress but cropped to the waist and with back waist darts.  I used the same treatment for the scooped back with the rouleau strip to hold it on my shoulders.  I used the wrong side of the fabric for contrast trim.  I love this top with... ok, lots of things!  But I wear it very often with my high-waisted skinny black jeans and a white or red belt. 

The skirt is another Felicity skirt.   I also added some contrast with the wrong side of the fabric in the waist band.  This skirt!  I just wear it all the time with all kinds of tops.  It's an easy piece to mix. 

I guess that's about all I have to say.  Pardon the wrinkles -- I'd been biking all day.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Lynsey Jane said...

I love Chambray and this this is a great outfit, both the skirt and top fit so well and it looks super on

Turbo said...

Thanks, Lynsey! I've been procrastinating on my post for another chambray outfit, but your comment is motivating me. :) I'll get it together to show you this week.